- This event has passed.
Freemasons donate thousands to St John Ambulance
9 June, 2020
The recipient of the £5,000 was the St John Covid-19 Appeal.
The Provincial Grand Master Keith Read, W.Bro Jim English the Provincial Charity Steward, and W.Bro Tony Le Tissier met with St John representatives on the 9th June at their HQ.
MCF’s donation helped St John during the early stages of the crisis in various activities which included:
- launching the Caring Caller scheme for people who were feeling isolated or lonely
- co-ordinating community volunteer efforts
- support for local care homes
- a prescription and grocery delivery service for people who were isolating or shielding
- a decontamination team to support the emergency ambulance service
- a distribution service for the seaweed hand sanitiser
See Bailiwick Express coverage here.