Provincial Tie Design
The Province of Guernsey and Alderney in the Channel Islands is one of the smallest Provinces of the United Grand Lodge of England, supporting just eleven Lodges.
Freemasonry came to Guernsey, the second largest Island in the Channel Islands, in 1753 in the reign of King George II. The Grand Master of the Ancient & Honourable Society of Free and Accepted Masons was John Proby Baron of Carysfort in the County of Wicklow, Ireland, and Freemasonry was spreading fast across the length and breadth of the land.
May 10th 1753 witnessed the birth of the first Lodge in Guernsey, the Lily Tavern Lodge No. 228 in St. Peter Port by the Moderns Grand Lodge.
- UGLE in the Press
- Freemasons vow to help protect the elderly
- Freemasons invite the whole country to toast ‘absent friends, and those working on the frontline in the NHS’
- Cheshire Freemasons provide support to vulnerable children
- When Masons met in a Mosque.
- Meet the UK’s oldest poppy seller.
- The Launch of Solomon.
- The Football Lodge playing for keeps.
- Hampshire Motorcycling Freemasons dress as Santa to present local charity with 1,500 presents for Children.
- Immortalised in Bronze and Glass. A closer look at the Roll of Honour and the Shrine in Freemasons’ Hall.
- Giving young people a second chance to learn at Jamie’s Farm.
- MCF donate over £280,000 to support people affected by floods, famine and hurricanes.
Upcomming & Recent events
Installation of Provincial Grand Master & Most Excellent Grand Superintendent of the Province of Jersey.
After a delay of six months, this Saturday VW Brother Graham Spence PGSwdB (PGStB) will be installed as Provincial Grand Master and Most Excellent Grand Superintendent of the Province of Jersey. With no formal end to the Covid-19 restrictions in sight, the installation could not be deferred indefinitely.
Sadly this will not be the grand occasion originally scheduled for 28th March. Attendance will be by invitation only, no visitors from Grand Lodge or other provinces will be invited and numbers will be strictly limited. The installing officer will be RW Bro.A.David J.Rosser, Provincial Grand Master and Grand Superintendent of Jersey, 1999 – 2009.
We congratulate VW Bro Graham on his highly deserved appointment and send him and all of our brethren in our dear sister Province of Jersey our warmest fraternal wishes at this important moment in their history and we look forward eagerly to the day when we can welcome him and them back to our shores for more good natured sparring.
In 1998 we moved into our purpose-built Masonic Centre in St Martin’s.
We are very proud of this magnificent building, a building much admired by visiting brethren.
For whatever reason you are visiting this website, we do hope that you will find it both interesting and informative.
Images opposite courtesy of Mike Stanford.